My life is becoming clear


Nothing will ever separate us from our Jesus and the love that he's so freely given us. It amazes me more and more how when you take the time to talk to God your prayers really ARE answered. This is the motivation for this particular entry.

As those of you who have been reading my blog know, I've been searching for quite a few things for quite some time. One of those things being, what do I do with my life?

My baptism last Sunday has made me yearn for direction even more than before. Not only career wise, but with my family as well.

So I've had two revelations...

1) I want my boys to become responsible, kind young men. Therefore, I am going to start teaching them character values at the dinner table. You know, the important things like trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, patience, honesty, love, faith, etc. I have these great books that have a little story and some questions on each. Too much these days you see kids who are lost because they aren't being parented. Whether it be because the parents just shouldn't be parents, because money is so scarce these days, or days are getting shorter and shorter I dunno, but Im the first one to admit....we have to start prioritizing our lives better.

2) I want to be a teacher. Anyone who knows me, know that I've been "teaching" since I was a little girl. I taught my neighbor the anatomy of a plant when I was about 7....my cousins how to dance and put on a performance....the kids I babysat how do do an extensive assortment of craft projects, etc. etc. I have been saying, "I am going to be a teacher" I think since I first started talking. 1 AA degree, and 2 1/2 certificate programs and I'm still yet to do what I truly love. I don't know why I've gone back and forth so much, but for some reason nomatter what I do, I'm not happy. So I began to pray about this, "God, should I go into teaching? Is that my calling? What can I do that will glorify you?" He began answering my prayer in the most obvious way....First, my mom out of the blue said, "You would be a great teacher!" Second, a friend of ours (who is a retired teacher) was talking about how you love your job so much more when it was something you loved as a child. She told us about how she used to teach the kids in her neighborhood. Lastly, I was talking to a great friend of mine who was telling me she could see me as a teacher...and how I need to start taking classes and just go for it because I would do a great job. So, I decided YES, I will pursue this, finally!!! I looked into a couple of colleges and am very interested in National University, because it's done online with 1 class per month. Perfect for having 2 kiddos. I still need to get more information, but the way I see it is, if I start once Nathan starts sleeping longer at night *cross your fingers* then I will be finished about the time he's ready for preschool. PERFECT! I will finally be able to say I have my own career, I will finally be able to provide FINANCIAL support for my family, I will finally do something they can be PROUD of.

I feel at peace with my decision, now I just need to pray that all of the puzzle pieces fall into place.

I don't know what's happened to me in the past week, but life is really starting to feel GREAT and I just wanted to share with you some lyrics from a song that really touches my heart...

It's called "From the Inside Out" & it's sung by Hillsong

A thousand times I've failed
Still Your mercy remains
And should I stumble again
I'm caught in Your grace
Everlasting
Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending
Your glory goes beyond all fame

In my heart and my soul
I give You control
Consume me from the inside out
Lord let justice and praise
Become my embrace
To love you from the inside out


Consume me Lord, from the INSIDE out.....I give you control of my life, my decisions...help me to use my life to glorify you! Thank you for lifting me up everytime I stumble...your light will always shine within me.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment