Money DOESN'T Grow on Trees


I'm sure at some point or another everyone's either heard this from their parents or told this to their kids, "Money doesn't grow on trees...

I'm sorry guys, its true!!!

A lot has been going on in my life in the past few weeks, Gabe started working at Wells Fargo Bank, him & I have been contemplating going through all our "stuff" to have a garage sale, Gabe & I have been preparing to be baptized this coming Sunday, I've been shedding my unwanted weight and together as a couple we've been looking over our finances.
Finances= lack of money & excess debt

We've decided we want to work really hard to live "under our means" and buy consciously...and only pay with $cash$. We want to do what we need to in order to pay off our credit card debt for once and for all and build an emergency fund in our savings account. It is important for us to not only get our physical and spiritual health right, but also our financial health because it teaches our boys the value of a dollar and the important lesson that:

Money/Stuff doesn't = happiness...

Yes, it will be a challenge because we live on a single income, but I believe we will definitely be able to take on this challenge. I yearn for a more simple less hectic life.

I would love to take on a challenge maybe similar to Oprah's "What Can You Live Without?" experiment or Suze Orman's "3 Step Money Pledge"

I will contemplate what kind of challenge I would like to follow, talk about it with Gabe and post in in my next entry!!

Having the BEST things is no substitute for having the BEST life.

0 comments:

Leave a Comment