Patience & Love

I don't know how I stumbled upon this website, but I did...and I can't help, but get emotional. It is about babies who've past away from SIDS.

Something I pray for on a regular basis, is "patience." Living in a home with two little boys can definitely make you wonder if you are as patient a person as you always thought you were.

Daniel is a very active little guy always finding something to get into, still NOT pooping in the potty...just in his underwear, loves to dart from mommy even if I say my "magic words.." RED LIGHT!! These are just a few of the things that make him a challenge...and Nathan with his reflux, quirky preferences for how he likes to be held and whiny little baby attitude, it sometimes takes a lot to get through the day.

BUT with all that said, I have NEVER been MORE in love with my little boys....

Daniel has such a sweet little inquisitive face, a gentle voice that loves to ask "why & how questions", a yearning for knowledge...a button nose, a smile that lights up even the darkest room. He has an imagination that is out of this world, a passion for Fire Fighters, a sweet singing voice and a love for Jesus.

Nathan has a huge smile that wakes me up in the mornings, an ability to nuzzle like a cuddly little puppy, 2 large round GRAY eyes, a small freckle birthmark next to his belly button and a curiosity for the many wonders of the world. A full head of silky dark hair and a "giggle" that we've only heard a few times, but are already in love with.

So even on the hardest of days, I find myself so thankful for all of their amazing attributes and just the mere fact that they are happy & healthy. They really are perfect in every way and I couldn't be MORE proud to be their mommy.

So, when I came upon this website I couldn't help but feel sad and thankful at the same time.

Here's a little bit of a letter on the website that really touched me, "
It's been three weeks since I last saw your smiling face. I miss you every minute of every day but the hardest times are in the morning and during the night when you would usually wake me up. I am so sorry I didn't take you with me that morning when I left to run errands. I can't stop seeing your little face while you watched me walk back and forth getting ready and then as I was leaving, you were sitting on daddy's lap on the couch and I waved goodbye and said "Mommy will be back Jakey, Mommy will be back". I'm sorry I didn't come back before you left us. I wish I just took you with me, I could have taken you with me, but you were tired and daddy was gonna lay you down for your nap. I cant help but wonder if things would be different. I love you so much my little boy."

Just remember to take life one day at a time and always be grateful for what you DO have, not what you don't. If you feel like you are getting stressed out, take a breather...life is too short to get upset. Pick your battles and always go to bed happy. And most importantly, KISS & HUG your kids more times in a day than you can count!!!!

0 comments:

Leave a Comment